12 ways to sign in to Playstation Network without issues
- Many users are complaining that they can’t sign in to the PlayStation Network account.
- Sometimes when there are connectivity issues, it can prevent a player from logging in to their account.
- There are a number of fixes to try and help you get back in case you can’t remember the password, just use your forgotten password option on the website to create a new one.
- Sometimes PlayStation Network servers do go down. The reason could be due to an update or server maintenance and this can cause login issues or slow log-in times.
XINSTALL BY CLICKING THE DOWNLOAD FILE
This software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your PC for maximum performance. Fix PC issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- Download Restoro PC Repair Tool that comes with Patented Technologies (patent available here).
- Click Start Scan to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click Repair All to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
PlayStation Network is a state-of-the-art system that enables you to enjoy an unparalleled gaming experience. It allows users to play games on Windows PC and download free or premium content such as game demos and add-ons. Recently, many users have reported that they can’t sign into the Play Station Network.
The problem itself does not seem to be widespread, but there are a few reports that claim that several gamers are having these issues.
As much as it is frustrating, there are ways to fix the problem. In this guide, we will help you resolve this issue by providing you with a list of 12 tried and tested methods. Hope one of them will surely work for you.
What are some of the most commonly reported issues on the PlayStation Network?
The PlayStation Network is a lot like any other digital service and it’s not completely immune to problems. We’ve outlined some of the most common PSN issues below:
- PlayStation Network sign in failed: If you are facing a PSN sign-in error then you need to check whether your online ID or password is incorrect or if the PSN servers are down. Here we have included more quick ways to fix the PSN sign in error.
- PlayStation 4 error NW-31473-8: It is an extremely annoying problem that can happen to anyone who uses the console. However, we have a quick guide that will walk you through solving it for good.
- Content cannot be selected at this time (PS4 error): If you are getting the Content cannot be selected at this time error on your PS4, it can be frustrating. While there is no official fix for this issue, there are some troubleshooting methods detailed in our guide that you should try out.
Why can’t I sign in to the PlayStation Network?
There are multiple reasons that may prevent you from signing in to the PlayStation Network. Here are some of the most common ones:
- PSN server downtime
- Wrong login credentials
- Unstable Internet connection
- Corrupted or outdated data on the console
- Account suspension
Once you have identified the reason for your PSN account being inaccessible, you can proceed to troubleshoot the issue.
How can I easily sign in to PlayStation Network?
1. Check PSN server status
If the error codes aren’t helping to determine the reasons for the inaccessibility, you can always do a quick test to ascertain your PlayStation’s status.
This is where the PSN Status page comes in handy. If there’s something wrong with the server, there should be some mention of the issue on the page.
Sometimes the network server goes down for maintenance on a given date and this is a common cause of login issues. In case a problem is found, then the best thing you can do is wait until the servers come back online. But if everything looks normal, you should try the following methods.
2. Double-check your login credentials
Many people have trouble logging into their PlayStation Network account, and it’s often due to using the wrong credentials. It can be hard to keep track of your accounts if they are saved on your device, so before you log in double-check the username, email, and password you’re using.
If you know the correct credentials, then this step can be avoided. However, if you are unsure about this information, go to the log-in page for PSN and verify that the details you’re using are correct.
3. Check for slow Internet connection
There are instances when your Internet connection is experiencing too much latency and that is preventing the console from accessing the server correctly. You might want to try plugging in an Ethernet cable to see if this improves the connection.
Furthermore, make sure to check your network speed and restart your router if the results suggest that your ISP is the issue.
4. Verify your email ID
You must verify your email ID if you want uninterrupted access to PSN. To do this, search your email inbox, including spam and junk folders, for PlayStation verify and click on the link in the email corresponding to the ID you want to verify.
5. Change your password
- Go to the PlayStation Network log in page.
- Then, click on the trouble signing in option and select Reset password.
- When prompted, provide the email address used to create your PSN account.
- Check your email for instructions on how to reset your password.
- Once done, go back to your console and try signing into your account.
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
If you recently changed your account’s password or forgot it altogether, changing it again would be helpful.
6. Restart the PlayStation
- Press and hold the PS button for approximately 10 seconds until you see the Quick Menu.
- Next, go to the Power tab.
- Lastly, select the Restart option and confirm your action.
- Wait a few seconds while your console reboots and try signing into your account again.
Restarting PlayStation is generally the first step to try if you encounter minor bugs and glitches.
7. Check for any pending updates
- Enter PS4 Settings using your controller.
- Next, go to System Software Update.
- Select Update Now and wait while your console checks for available updates.
- If an update is available, click Accept and follow the on-screen prompts to install it.
If you have a PS5, here’s what to do:
- On your PlayStation 5, go to the Settings and access the System tab.
- Navigate to System Software and select System Software Update and Settings.
- Click on Update System Software and choose Update Using Internet.
One of the things to check when you’re having problems logging in is if there are any recent pending updates to your console. Updating it can sometimes help solve the problem.
8. Check for account suspension
When creating an account with PlayStation Network, you agree to obey the Terms of Service. If you breach these terms, they may suspend your console from accessing PlayStation Network.
The suspension could either be permanent or temporary. However, in the case of permanent suspension, you can appeal PSN for removing the ban.
9. Pay off the debt
With so many payment methods available, it’s never been easier to shop on PlayStation Store. But with great choice comes great responsibility. If your payment method has had a charge reversed, you might find yourself locked out of PSN.
In the event of a chargeback, PSN can react swiftly to protect your account from fraudulent activity. If a chargeback occurs without a cause, you will retain access to your account only once the debt has been repaid.
10. Disable 2 step verification
If you have Google TV or Media Go, you will receive a wrong password message the first time you sign in to these devices with your 2SV code.
This is only temporary and can be easily resolved. Just disable 2SV when signing in, then enable it again after you finish.
11. Sign in with 2 step verification backup codes
When 2-step verification is enabled, you can only access your account with a security code. In case you lose your mobile, it would be difficult to secure a code on a new device, and thus you won’t be able to access your account. Luckily, you can use 2SV backup codes to log in to PlayStation Network.
12. Contact PlayStation Support
If you cannot provide the verification information for your account or are unable to access the email with a link to reset your password, we recommend that you contact PSN support for further assistance.
Though the PS4 is often overshadowed by the Xbox One, there are still plenty of reasons to choose Sony’s console. Thus, you may want to check our guide on the best PS4 emulators for PC to enjoy your favorite games.
If there is anything we missed, please leave a comment below. We would surely try to address the issue.
Hard to understand
Contact an Expert
Start a conversation
Biggest Science And Technology Expo Blair Technology Group Ebay Store Blockchain Technology In Nigeria Brockway Career And Technology Center Communication Technology For Ell Construction Management And Technology Articles Cost Of Airline Technology Innovation Curve Of Technology Expectation D S Technology Usa Dc Cbre Technology Elevate Technology Solutions Hampton Epoch Technology Consulting Contract Famous Ted In Technology Hao Huang Illinois Insttitue Technology Happy Diwali Technology Health Information Technology Across Departments Health Information Technology Professional Networking Holo Image Technology Joint Engine Technology Definition Latest End Mill Technology Medical Technology Site:Harvard.Edu Mental Helath Technology Minnesota Technology Innovation Institute Multimedia Technology Aiwa C6 Gps North Carolina Technology Council Performance Technology Trucking Canton Ohio Peripheral Devices Technology In Action Phase Technology Phase Velocity V62 Psprs Az Chief Technology Officer Rna-Seq Technology Steps San Francisco Technology Output Scientific Technology Wireline Secretly Harmful Technology Skylake Z170 Smart Response Technology Technology Addiction Support Group Technology And Healthcare Jobs Technology At Our Fingertips Technology Based On Nature Technology Book Bindings Manuscript Technology Career Fair Los Angeles Technology Data Entry Jobs Technology Impacting Early Literacy Technology In Education Program Technology Is Hurting Education 217 Technology Leakage Problems Technology Logos Man Hair What Is It Technology Solutions What Technology Does Belgium Have What Technology In 10 Years Youth Technology Leaders Of America
- SwitchBot Curtain Rod 2 review: This smart curtain controller gets a streamlined design
- Dodge Co. cold case solved using new DNA technology sparks privacy concerns
- Two key secondary players are back in Lubbock
- Machine Learning Trends Impacting Businesses In 2022
- Every free game on Netflix (May 2022)