Not all bedrooms are large in urban cities. You will come across many homes with small bedroom interior designs. As a result, many homeowners get confused when deciding between a king-size bed and a queen-size bed. In most cases, a king-size bed is not preferred. People opt for a queen-size bed instead. To complement this bedroom furniture design, the other elements in the bedroom should be proportionate to it. This includes the rug as well. It is important that you choose the right size for your rug. If it is too large or small, the bedroom interior design might appear awkward. Mentioned below are a few tips for choosing the perfect rug size for your queen bed.
- If the size of your area rug is 4 by 6 feet, the chances are that the rug is small for your queen bed. In such cases, you can consider using two rugs instead of one. Laying them on one side each can make your bedroom interiors appear appealing.
- If you want to place the rug under your bed in your small bedroom, you can go for a 5 by 7 feet rug or a 5 by 8 feet rug. The size will complement the size of your queen bed. However, this is the smallest size you can choose for your queen-size bed if you want the rug to reach your bedside table.
- If your bedroom interior design can be considered the standard size, you can get slightly bigger rugs to complement your queen-size bed. Experts suggest choosing a rug that is 6 by 9 feet. When placed under the bed, the rug will extend 24 inches on each side of the bed.
- If you want to choose a big area rug for your queen bed in a standard room, the largest size you can choose is 7 by 10 feet. When the area rug is laid perpendicularly to the bed, the rug will extend 30 inches on either side of the bed.
- When you have a bedroom that is larger than the average size, you can consider experimenting with larger area rugs. An 8 by 10 feet or 9 by 12 feet area rug can be chosen to complement your queen bed as well. It will help to create a more unified look in your bedroom interiors as the rug will be able to reach your bedside tables as well. Also, you will get some extension at the foot of the bed.
- If you have chosen a queen size bed for your small bedroom, it is better to stick to runners or sheepskins. You can place one on either side of this bedroom furniture design for an appealing look. This will make your bedroom interior design appear more inviting and relaxing.
- Although it is not very popular, you can choose round or elliptical rugs for your queen bed. There is always room for experimenting so that you can give the interiors a more personalised appearance. However, you must always remember while choosing that the exposed areas of the rug will be curved. Also, look for the largest one you can fit in your room if you want a round or elliptical rug.
Where to place a rug in your room?
Choosing the correct size for your king-size bed or a queen-size bed is crucial when you are buying a rug. However, that is not the only factor you will have to take into consideration. If you want the rug to appear great in your bedroom interiors, you will have to know where to place the rug as well. If you are not sure about the best places to place your area rug, here are a few tips that will help you:
Placing small rugs is tricky as they can appear awkward. When your small rug is around 5 by 7 or 5 by 8 feet, the best place for placing your area rug would be the bottom two-thirds of your queen bed. This will ensure that the rug stays visible from all three sides of the bed.
You can consider placing a 7 by 10 feet at the bottom two-thirds of your queen bed. However, that is not the only position in hand. You can place it near the headboard as well so that the bedside tables can be kept over the rug.
When people have a large rug measuring 8 by 10 feet or 9 by 12 feet, you can place it near the headboard so that the bedside tables can be placed on it along with the bed. However, the area rug can be placed under the bottom three-quarters of your queen bed as well if you do not want to place the bedside tables over the rug.