CompositesWorld, the trade publication serving the global composites manufacturing industry, has finalized the agenda for “CW Tech Days: Design, Simulation and Testing Technologies for Next-Gen Composite Structures.” This interactive webinar, sponsored by Composites One (Schaumburg, Ill., U.S.) and Hexcel (Stamford, Conn., U.S.) will be held April 21, 2022.
Designing composite parts and structures, because of their complexity, has always been a challenge, but the shift by OEMs toward digital twins and traceability is putting new pressure on the composites industry to more tightly integrate CAD/CAE data with as-manufactured data. One way to achieve this is to increase the use of virtual testing and qualification to give OEMs and fabricators the confidence they need to specify new materials.
In eight 30-minute sessions, materials and design engineering experts will assess the state of the art in design, simulation, failure analysis, digital twins, virtual testing and virtual inspection. CW Tech Days will run from 11 a.m. ET to 3:30 p.m. ET (3:00-7:30 p.m. GMT).
The agenda, including the list of speakers and their topics are as follows:
- 11:00-11:15 a.m.: CW welcome/introduction
- 11:15-11:45 a.m.: Gerardo Olivares – National Institute for Aviation Research (NIAR) — Virtual testing and virtual certification.
- 11:45 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.: Eduardo Barocio – Purdue University/Indiana Manufacturing Institute — Simulation of extrusion deposition-based additive manufacturing (AM) with model-based systems engineering.
- 12:15-12:45 p.m.: Pete Levesque – Victrex — Virtual design and engineering for thermoplastic composites.
- 12:45-1:15 p.m.: Craig Collier – Collier Aerospace — Material trades strategies for composite structures.
- 1:15-1:45 p.m.: Bruce Gabel – Spirit AeroSystems — Design automation for composite airframes
- 1:45-2:15 p.m.: Jeff Wollschlager – Altair Engineering — Application of simulation technology and AI in multi-scale composite designs.
- 2:15-2:45 p.m.: John Courter – Firefly Aerospace — New Space: Use of digital tools to enable the digital factory and to create digital twins.
- 2:45-3:15 p.m.: Hexagon (TBA)
- 3:15-3:30 p.m.: Webinar wrap-up.
Register today to attend these webinars live or watch at your convenience on-demand! Cost to attend is $149.