Getting an eSIM is by far one of the better options in the UAE. Additionally, doing so for traveling to Singapore is strongly advised. But why should you buy an eSIM for Singapore travel? Let’s find out.
Why are eSIMs a preferred choice?
Several features can make an eSIM service stand out as the best in the UAE, depending on your individual needs and preferences. Here are some key features to look for:
- Coverage: The best eSIM in the UAE should offer reliable coverage throughout the country, including in remote areas. Check the coverage maps of different eSIM providers to ensure that you will have connectivity wherever you go.
- Flexibility: A good eSIM should offer flexible plans that can be customized to your needs. This means that you should be able to choose the amount of data, calls, and texts that you need, without paying for extras that you won’t use.
- Ease of Use: The best eSIM service should be easy to set up and use. This means that the provider should offer clear instructions for downloading and activating the eSIM, as well as a user-friendly app or website for managing your account.
- Security: It is important to choose an eSIM provider that takes your security and privacy seriously. Look for providers that use strong encryption and two-factor authentication to protect your data.
- Value for Money: Finally, the best eSIM service in the UAE should offer competitive pricing and good value for money. Compare the prices and features of different providers to ensure that you are getting the best deal.
How to Set Up an eSIM?
After you buy an eSIM online, setting it up on your phone in the UAE involves a few steps, and the exact process may vary depending on your phone’s model and carrier. Here are the general steps to set up an eSIM on your phone in the UAE:
- Check if your phone is eSIM compatible: Before you proceed with the eSIM setup, ensure that your phone supports eSIM technology. Most newer smartphones have this capability, but it’s always best to double-check your device’s specifications.
- Purchase an eSIM plan: To use an eSIM, you need to subscribe to a mobile network provider that offers eSIM plans. Several telecom operators in the UAE, such as Etisalat and du, provide eSIM plans. You can purchase an eSIM plan through their website or by visiting their stores.
- Activate the eSIM: Once you have purchased an eSIM plan, you will receive a QR code or a digital activation code. To activate the eSIM, go to the phone settings, select “Mobile Data” or “Cellular Data,” and then tap on “Add Cellular Plan.” Next, scan the QR code or enter the activation code provided by the network operator.
- Verify the eSIM: After entering the activation code, your phone will automatically verify the eSIM. Once the verification process is complete, the eSIM will be activated, and you can start using it.
- Set the eSIM as your primary number: Finally, you can set the eSIM as your primary number for making calls, sending text messages, and accessing the internet.
Note: If you’re having trouble setting up the eSIM on your phone, you can contact the network operator’s customer support for assistance.